Aerial™ has integrated COVID-19-specific enhancements to support clients and their employees on the front lines of managing care during this pandemic. These improvements include:
- Aerial Virtual Health Support – Medecision’s bi-directional physician portal for automating authorizations, referrals and treatment updates (iExchange®) lets clients use the Aerial Health Summary to share comprehensive patient health information in support of their telehealth initiatives. Rapid deployment of these solutions is available for clients not yet utilizing them.
- COVID-19 Clinical Code Updates – COVID-19 CPT, ICD, LOINC and HCPCS codes have been updated and proactively managed for all Aerial solutions, and will continue to be updated as new codes are released.
- COVID-19 Care Management Program – A COVID-19 assessment along with clinical programs are being deployed to Aerial clients. These include a combined screening and general assessment questionnaire. Clients utilizing EmmiEngage® patient education video content also have access to two new videos featuring COVID-19 education for consumers.
- Mechanical Ventilator Case Management Program – Aerial offers a mechanical ventilator questionnaire and case management program for care managers monitoring recently discharged members requiring invasive or non-invasive mechanical ventilator support, and continued long-term care in a home setting.
- Behavioral Health Support – Aerial’s evidence-based, peer-reviewed behavioral health assessment is now available for all clients to use for members and patients who need mental health support.
- Campaign Management – now available for pilot roll out, Aerial Campaign Management enables you to effectively reach and engage the right healthcare consumers with your messaging and content through your preferred channels. This solution can be used for member outreach regarding COVID-19 educational content, testing site information, and telehealth options.
- Reminder Messaging for COVID-19 – Clients can deploy additional reminders in Aerial to alert users about the need to screen members for risk or exposure.
- Extended Pre-Authorization End Dates – Aerial clients can batch extend authorization end dates to allow additional time to complete authorized procedures.
- Clinical and Strategic Consulting and Staff Augmentation – The company’s Aerial and Aveus clinical consulting teams are prepared to support customers as they look to make system changes, undertake change management efforts and implement experience design through virtual consulting work. These teams are also available to augment and help clients’ current staff as needed.
- Aerial InCircle® – InCircle, Medecision’s social-mobile, consumer electronic health record connects healthcare consumers to their care team and caregivers with real-time access to their full health history and health risks. InCircle supports virtual health diagnosis, treatment and management of illness and chronic conditions. Clients utilizing InCircle have already seen increased consumer engagement and reduced ED visits.
- COVID-19 Training and Support Requests – Additional training related to COVID-19 is available to Aerial clients through the online Aerial Academy, with a new course on remote collaboration. Clients who need to submit a support request related to COVID-19 can add “COVID” to the title of their request, which automatically flags it as high priority.
Medecision is also holding a series of virtual COVID-19 client forums, bringing together leaders from some of the nation’s most prominent health systems and health plans in order to foster the exchange of COVID-19-related information. Medecision clients can register for these forums, and access a dedicated web page with further information on the company’s product and service updates related to COVID-19, through the online Aerial Community. If you are a Medecision client and have questions about how to access this page, please contact your Client Partner.