Becker’s Payer Issues Roundtable 2023
November 9 - November 11
From AI Chaos to Clarity: Transforming Data into a Strategic Asset for Member-Centric Care
As healthcare witnesses unprecedented advancements in data, AI, and large language models, it’s imperative that executives at this brink of technological revolution ask: are we prioritizing the right data for truly member-centric care, or are we losing focus amidst the surge of information and AI-related developments? Facing an AI-powered future means this is a critical time to reassess current practices and assumptions around data utilization. Leaders need to prioritize responsible and ethical use of that information and refine approaches to ensure organizations focus on the right data. Achieving that will require leaders to outline tangible steps toward more person-centric models of care based on relevant data and to ultimately reorient the current focus from systems to human beings.
- What if health plans’ pursuit of data has actually focused on the wrong information? How can health plans change course to move in the right direction?
- Could a strategic, radical rethinking of health plans’ approach to data collection and analysis create more effectively personalized care management models for members and populations?
- Which data sets – whether traditionally associated with healthcare or otherwise – are truly integral to transforming payers’ care management strategies?
- How can health plans differentiate meaningful signals from distracting noise in the exploding data landscape?
- What should C-suite executives be doing to today to build a future and strategically leverage healthcare data to optimize care management for outcomes and economics?